Saturday, July 08, 2006

My first driving experience!

Texas really sucks when it comes to public transport. There is not even one city in Texas that has a good public transport. And moreover, space is not at all an issue in this state. Each city is widespread. Even to buy a gum (chewing or condom), u need some mode of transportation to get them. That mode is always a car.

When I was in Dallas for 2 weeks, I had no problem as my friend was my official driver. But whn I moved to Houston, my life really sucked. To top it off, my apartment was like 15 miles from the office. I commuted to the office by cab for more than a week and cost me almost 80$ a day. I could not get a licence as I didnt receive my SSN. Then I moved to an apartment which is like 2 miles from office. I bought a bike(bicycle) to commute to office. But I still needed someone to buy groceries and stuff. I didnt have any problem with that as the people here are so friendly and nice.

I got my licence after some failures in the road test:( Last week I rented a car to have a nice time with my brother who came down here from California to visit me. I saw a glimse of "american dream" whn i got the car. Total independence and go anywhere anytime u want. I just enjoyed drivin alone with some good music playin along. ( But my taste has gone awful, I now like Tamil Rock songs like freeya vudu, vaadi vaadi, et al.) When i retured the car after my brother left, I felt like I am handicapped.

I'll blog my experience whn i get my own car which will be in near future! Till then drive safe!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home