Thursday, April 19, 2007

YahOooooOooooo!!

I am a big yahoo fan. The things that I like much about yahoo are:

1. Yahoo mail:
I have an account with gmail and I still use yahoo account just because of their cool interface. Its absolutely amazing. (But its still in primitive stage if you make a comparision with zoho mail) The web mail is completely driven by AJAX.

2. Finance:
I visit their finance section to research on stock market. I have seen many sites but I like this very much. One thing that none (as far as I know) has is their forecast. They give a 1 year target estimation of each share. Well, you can not expect it to be accurate. If thats the case, then everyone will make millions in stock market. When I bought shares of starbucks around same time last year, it was around 38$ and the 1 yr estimation was 43$. But its ~30$ now, which means I am losin money :-(

3. Music:
I mostly listen to the linkin park's fanclub radio. The collection is amazing. It just picks the right songs of right artists in that genre. The collection is well tagged. Occasionally heavy metals pop up. I like them too but no hip-fking-hops. Only annoying thing is the yahoo's own ad. All the other ads are tolerable. A guy with a VERY deep voice spells out crap while one soft voice says "To get rid of ads with deep voices, subscribe and pay for yahoo music" The frequency of this particular ad is high. This really annoyed me. So I tried out MSN's Linkin Park radio. The service is provided by Pandora acquired by MS recently. Their tagging is horrible. Lots of Hip hops and trash music. I switch back to yahoo and can live with that deep voice ad.

Though Yahoo lost the technology race but will live longer as a Media Company!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home