Wednesday, July 02, 2008

YahoooOOooo! revisited

Though I liked Yahoo! much before. Now I am beginning to dislike it. Mainly because of its current CEO, Jerry Yang. He's an idiot. If a company goes public, it no longer belongs to the founder. It is owned collectively by each and every shareholder. Just because one individual (Yang) is an ardent MSFT hater, shouldn't affect the dynamics of the lucrative online search/ad market.

Yahoo! survives till now because of its mail. Its a legacy system. You can not get rid of it. I created my first email account with yahoo. So had to put up with it till now. Just because I had to visit its home page each time when I sign in/sign off, i got hooked into their finance & movie section which I very much like. But never used their search engine though.

Google dominates the search market. Yahoo & MSFt are distant second and third. Many don't realize that Google is becoming a bitch like MSFT in 90s with their arrogant monopoly. Google's sole income is through advertising, driven by their search engine. With so much cash in their hand, they are releasing so many free products killing many small industries. So an alliance between MSFT-Yahoo! would atleast bring in a viable competitor against Google. On top of averting a merger with MSFT, it struck a deal with Google. What a fucking shame!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home